Thursday, May 26, 2011

Elise playing...


It's Thursday afternoon in Nanchang. Not much happening today. We took Elise to the pool this afternoon, and now we are getting ready to head out for an evening of sight seeing & shopping. It's been a relaxing day, but will be an eventful evening with a light-fountain show. I'm not sure what the show will be like, but I'm picturing the Bellagio Hotel in Vegas! This is our last full day in Nanchang. I'm excited to be flying out tomorrow morning to Guanghzou, which is the last leg of our trip. However, I can't help but feel a little sad for Elise. I'm taking her away from her birth place, probably forever. I know the life she will have in the US with a mommy & daddy & brothers & a sister will be so much better for her, but this is where she was born, this is her heritage, her culture. I know her birth mother is out there wondering about her, and it makes my heart hurt. I wish I could find her and tell her thank you for the sacrifice you made to give your daughter a better life. I would like her to know that Elise will be well loved & happy, in a good home with a mom & a dad.... and probably SPOILED!!! LOL!

So, here are some pictures from the past few days that I haven't posted before. The close up of Elise's feet is for my Aunt Linda, she loves baby feet!









No comments:

Post a Comment