Monday, December 20, 2010

FingerPrint Appointment!!!

We got our appointment!!!! One step closer to bringing Elise home to her forever family!! YEAH!!!!!

Just wanted to post this adoption poem, that I found on someone else's adoption blog... dedicated to Elise's birth mother. I can't imagine the pain she must have felt to walk away from her beautiful little girl. I cry just thinking about it. But, because of the sacrifice she made, I have this amazing little girl waiting on me in China & I just can't wait to get my arms around her!

Beyond Your Tears
(written for Sophie Lu's
birth mother in China)

I imagine you kissed
her sweet face so round
And gently placed her
where she would be found

I imagine your heartache
your pain and your tears
I wish I could show you
and soften your fears

I’d show you a girl
with hope in her eyes
A girl who loves stories
and sweet lullabies

A girl who laughs freely
and loves to play
A girl who sings sweetly
and dances all day

A girl with a future
So funny and smart
A girl who loves music
and reading and art

A girl who I hope
has your courage one day
I know it took courage
to love and walk away

Her beautiful smile
I wish you could see
She looks like you
and laughs like me

So, imagine her laughter
Imagine her touch
I wish I could show you
she’s loved so much

Adoption is truely an amazing gift! I'm so blessed to be on the recieving end of this gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment