Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Heading to Hong Kong

It's 3:00pm on Wednesday afternoon. We leave in 1 hour for Hong Kong! The bags are packed, all shopping is done, we are just waiting on our guide to get here with Elise's passport!

We had a great time last night with our travel group. We all hung out in the courtyard, ate pizza, chatted, the kids all played together. Even Elise and Paige (the 11 month old in our group) had a good time playing together. They were so cute together playing on a blanket with the toys we brought. It's amazing how much these little babies lives have changed in the last week. Nine days ago they were sitting in an orphanage, with no mommy or daddy, no family to call their own, and while I'm sure their nannies cared for them, there is no way a nanny can give the kind of care and love a baby gets from a family. Elise has changed so much in the last nine days (and I'm sure Paige's mommy would say the same). Elise seems happier and more relaxed. She does not seem like the timid scared baby that was handed to me. Call me crazy, but I think she know's she's found home, she found her mommy, and she's about to find her daddy, brothers, sister, aunts, uncles (well she already knows Scott as "jo-jo" which means "mommy's brother" in Mandarin), grand parents, cousins, friends, great aunts and uncles, second cousins, great grand parents.... the list goes on and on. I'm so happy for Elise. She had no idea how much love is coming her way!

So, while in the court yard last nigt, I got some more pictures of Elise in a traditional Chinese dress. One of the moms in our travel group love photography, I think it's more of a hobby for her than a job, but she took great pictures of Elise for me. So the pictures on today's blog are thanks to Natalie!

This is our last blog from Guangzhou!! I will try to blog once more from Hong Kong!! Then we will be off the grid until 4:50 PM on Thursday when we arrive in Indy!!

Thanks again everyone for all your prayers & ccomments! I love reading the comments (they come to me via email so I'm able to see what people are saying) Please continue to pray for safe travels. It will be a long few days traveling with a 15 month old.






2 comments: